Pecan pie, yum!! Wait, or is it pecan???
My Amazingly Delicious and Healthy Gluten Free Pecan Pie
Once I discovered I had Celiac Disease, I thought my days of enjoying delicious Thanksgiving pies were over. I had no idea all of the ways to bake a healthy gluten free pie! Pecan pie, or is it pecan, 🤷🏻♀️🤔 is my husband’s favorite pie for the holidays. So, I couldn’t disappoint! But, I wanted to make something that I could enjoy too – challenge accepted!
I have been making this pecan pie every year since we got engaged. He loves it! The filling focuses on lots of healthy fats from the pecans and nut butter. Enjoy babes!
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
45 minutes, not including crust
- Total Time:
1 hour 5 minutes
- Recipe Type:
up to 16 servings – One 9-inch pie
- FOR GLUTEN FREE PECAN PIE CRUST
- I used a gluten free pie mix from Bob’s Red Mill – find it below 👇🏼 I’ve made my own before, but this gluten free crust cooks to flaky perfection every time. 👌🏼
- FOR GLUTEN FREE PECAN PIE FILLING
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons nut butter – I used a creamy almond butter.
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans, chopped into pieces TIME HACK! Buy nuts that are already chopped into pieces!
- FOR CRUST
- 1. Prepare crust according to directions. It will require the dough to chill for an hour. But, while that is chilling, you can prepare the pecan pie filling!
- FOR FILLING
- 1. Place all filling ingredients, except pecans, into a medium mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Add nuts and stir to coat all the nuts evenly.
- 2. Prepare crust onto a lightly oiled pie dish. I use a small amount of olive oil for this.
- 3. Pour pie filling into dish. Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly. Bake for 45 minutes. The pie filling will begin to bubble. After baking, allow pie to cool for at least 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: Dollap some coconut whip for a really decadent dessert!
- Recipe adapted from my fav gluten free bakery, Flying Aprons in Seattle
Doesn’t this pecan pie look divine?! I’m obsessed! You can catch more holiday dessert goodness HERE! My oven’s already preheating 🤗